I did NOT want to run today. Well, let me rephrase that. I was not looking forward to my run today. I am getting to where I like to challenge myself to run further than the last time I ran, so in that way, I was looking forward to it, but I didn't want to go on the treadmill and it was cold outside (28 degrees), plus it's always harder physically to run outside. I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack as I parked my car on the side of the road to head out. I had to find a fairly level place to run because I am not conditioned enough to run all the elevations there are around here (like Weber Canyon Road). A friend suggested New Lane Road, so that's where I headed. Make no mistake, there were still some inclines, but I ran 2.5 miles total! With a warmup and cool down, it was 3.0 miles. Yay, me!
Here's the run I did:
ran on New Lane starting at Weber Canyon Rd. Ran to SR 32 and back to Weber Canyon. Did 5 min warmup (.3 miles) to Leavitt's driveway then ran all the way down and back to Weber Canyon Rd for a total of 2.5 miles total running. The total length from Weber Canyon Rd to SR 32 is 1.4 miles, making a round trip total of 2.8 miles. Did a cool down walk to Morrison's south driveway and back to Weber
Canyon. Yay Me!
385 calories burned!
No comments:
Post a Comment