Friday, April 8, 2011

Hard to be Back

I haven't done ANY exercise for TWO days straight. Ugh! I didn't get much sleep for two straight nights (9 hours total) and new I just couldn't function on that little sleep, so I felt like I was dragging for two days and even took a short nap each of those days. Wasn't quite sure what today's workout would be like, but I decided to do a speed workout. It is below:

5 min warmup @ 3.5 mph=.28
2 min @ 5.4 mph=.19
1 min @ 3.5 mph
2 min @ 5.3 mph=.18
1 min @ 3.5
2 min @ 5.2 mph=.17
1 min @ 3.5
2 min @ 5.1 mph=.17
1 min @ 3.5
2 min @ 5.0 mph=.16
1 min @ 3.5
2 min @ 5.0=.16
TOTAL RUNNING TIME=14 MIN
TOTAL RUNNING DISTANCE=1.2 MILES
zone=20:45
CALORIES BURNED: 235

Some may not think this is much of a "speed" workout, but it's progress for me. My constant running speed is only 4.5 mph. I have to have a speed that I can run consistently for 2.5 miles and that's where it is at for now, so 5.4 as the high speed for this workout is good. It didn't feel too bad for not doing much for the past week. Good to be back at it! My resistance workout is as follows:

DB squats 3 sets, 12 reps, 10 reps, 10 reps, 20#
Leaning lunge 3 sets, 20 reps, 15, 15
side lunge 3 sets, 10 reps, 5#
outward bicep curl 3 sets, 8 reps, 15#
lateral arm circles 3 sets, 10 reps, 5#
tricep kickbacks 3 sets, 10 reps, 15#
flyes on ball 3 sets, 10 reps, 10#, 12#, 12#
arm overhead crunch 3 sets, 15 reps
back ext on ball 3 sets, 15 reps
zone=7:06
CALORIES BURNED: 265

I am working on building strength. I can feel my lower body getting stronger, but my upper body isn't coming along as quickly, so these bicep curls were tough with 15# in each hand! I LOVE the leaning lunges, using only my bodyweight!

I followed this up with stretching for 17 min, burning another 80 calories! Yay me!

No comments: