Saturday, April 30, 2011

Attack of the Gallbladder

I did not do any exercise today. I was up half the night with what I think was a gallbladder attack. It hurt soooo bad! This is about the 4th or 5th one in the past six weeks. I had three in one week, which was not good. No position was comfortable. I finally went out on the couch at 7:00 a.m. I knew the boys wouldn't be up for quite awhile because they didn't get to bed until between 12:30 and 1:00 a.m. We took them to dinner and then to see "Soul Surfer" after that. It was the 9:50 showing but didn't actually get started until 10:10 by the time all the previews were over.

I did not feel well when I went to bed, but was able to fall asleep about 1:30. Awoke at 3:00 and took a Zantac. It didn't help. Not sure what time I fell back to sleep but it was probably somewhere between 4:30 and 5:00 and up again at 6:45. Ugh. Then I went out on the couch and googled all kinds of things trying to find out what it could be. Based on the pain, I believe it is my gallbladder. That's what I have thought since about the 2nd attack. How do you like that for self-diagnosing?

Needless to say, I did not feel like exercising. I still wasn't feeling well and I was exhausted. The pain lasted over 12 hours.

No comments: