Tuesday, April 19, 2011

After Spring Break

After not doing ANY exercise for a week, I decided it was time to get back at it! I thought it would be super hard, but I put on my best attitude and went for it. . . not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was pleasantly surprised, especially since I have had allergies so bad over spring break that I was beginning to feel like they were affecting my lungs. Luckily I got them under control and my lungs seem to be ok. I treated today like it was the first day back after an illness. I read in my "Run Your Butt Off" book that if you miss a week because of illness, then take the running back to where you were a week before the illness, which for me is either 2.15 or 2.35 miles of straight running. I did a compromise and ran 2.3. I had two one-minute walking breaks for a drink and to catch my breath a little. My HR actually stayed within a good range today, too, for being off for a week.

Here is what I did today:

0-5 minutes @ 3.5 mph = .29 miles
5-36:15 min @ 4.5 mph = 2.3 miles
36:15-43:15 3.5-3.2 mph = .41 miles
TOTAL RUNNING TIME = 31:15 MINUTES
TOTAL RUNNING DISTANCE = 2.3 MILES

34:06 in zone

Now off to help with 5th grade homework. Woohoo! NOT : )

No comments: