Friday, April 29, 2011

Just Stuff

Happy Birthday to my now 16 year old son, Erik! I can't believe how quickly that went by!! It seems like just yesterday he was busting a move in our rental unit in Sandy. Now he can't wait to get his driver license. Am I ready? Teenage drivers are scary. Don't get me wrong, it is great when they can drive themselves and siblings, but it's a worry every time they head out the door.

Now for today's workout. I knew I needed to do something other than run but I hate being on my bike at home. I don't mind a spinning class, but being at home is soooo boring on the bike! I haven't learned my ZUMBA moves yet to be able to do my DVD at home, so I didn't have a lot of options. I watched news coverage of the Royal Wedding. Catherine's dress was absolutely beautiful, which shows that modesty can be beautiful. Great taste, Princess Catherine!

Back to the workout--I rode 5.7 miles (up Weber Canyon Rd, haha : ) and
BURNED 225 CALORIES

I also did a resistance workout. It seemed harder today than usual. Not sure why. I had to talk myself out of a defeating attitude. During the first set of squats, I thought, "I don't think I can do 12 reps today. Maybe I will do 12 reps the first set and then 10 reps for the other two sets," but then my competitive nature kicked in and I thought, "if I am going to do resistance today, I will not cheat myself out of a great calorie burn and the opportunity to become stronger!"

Today's workout:
DB squat 3 sets, 12 reps, 20#
forward leaning lunge 3 sets, 15 reps, no weight
side lunge 3 sets, 10 reps, 2-5#
outward bicep curl 3 sets, 8 reps, 15#
kickbacks 3 sets, 10 reps, 15#
ball flyes 3 sets, 10 reps slow, 15# (new wt!)
arm overhead crunch 3 sets, 15 reps
back extensions on ball 3 sets, 15 reps

230 CALORIES BURNED

I followed this workout with some stretching--11:30 min and 45 CALORIES BURNED

No comments: