Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wild Turkeys

You've heard of "a flock of seagulls," right? I guess I should have capitalized all of that because of the 80's group by the same name, but anyway. . . this flock of wild turkeys have been hanging out at our place for about a week now. We used to see them more often than we do but haven't seen much of them since moving into our house 1 1/2 years ago. I think the dogs might have something to do with that. I heard the dogs barking wildly a few days ago and looked out to see a flock of turkeys running across the field behind our house. I was so happy to see them again! I was working in the kitchen today and looked out the window to see this happy little flock and thought they went away but then Steve called for me to come look out to the front of the house. It was a beautiful sight! Welcome home, turkeys. . . just in time for Thanksgiving. . . jk. I don't think we can hunt them from what I understand, and why would I want to when I can see this beautiful sight?

No comments: