I am happy to report that Erik has finally finished his Eagle Scout project! Woohoo! He went to the city council to find out if there was anything he could do and was given a few ideas. He decided on creating a sign to put on the old metal building which now has wood siding. This building used to be called "the metal building," and it was where everyone in town met for community events. They changed the name to "Cattlemen's Hall," but there was no sign yet indicating the change. Erik was back and forth on this. Maybe it's just part of being a young teenager. . . he would go gung-ho on it and then cool off for a month. This happened for several months. Finally a few weeks ago he and Steve put several consecutive hours into it and came up with the design. We used the same company that designed our fireplace screens. They created the lettering and the stenciling for the sign. We (Erik) had to build the sign to put the letters and stenciling on. Here is the process:

The group that showed up to help. Brett, Tyler, Brother Aste and Brother Simons, the seminary teacher. Brother's Aste and Simons are Erik's church leaders. Thanks for showing up, you strapping young men! (I'm probably old enough to be mother to all of them!)

I was the designated gopher/photographer for the day. Well, Steve was photographer while I was the gopher, then I took over the photography when I returned. . . with food!
Pizza and brownies for all.
Ooops. . . seminary teacher's idea. The boy's got a laugh out of this :-)
As we showed up to put the sign on the building, there was a chili feed going on all day. I guess they have been doing this for year's for the "hunt." There are more locals that attend than out-of-towners these days. The signs posted around town said, "come and eat at the metal building," "chili and scones at the metal building." Hopefully now they can refer to it as "Cattleman's Hall" and everyone will know where that is.
We told Erik his name will go down in history in the community for doing such a wonderful service to benefit all!











4 comments:
That's a really cool project, and you guys will be able to always remember it when you see the sign. It looks great too.
Oh, I love it! Way to go, Erik!!
Wow! Thats really cool! Congrats on getting your Eagle Erik! Good Work!
Post a Comment