I just need to report on the awesome Wildcat Freshmen football team. They had a perfect season this year. The total scores between them and their opponents was:
Wildcats 347, Opponents 41
You read that right. There were times when Erik would text me from an away game to tell me they scored 50 or more points and most often their opponents were 0. I think they only had two teams score against them.
The really cool thing was after last night's game, they had 3 current NFL players speak to the team. I guess they were in attendance. Someone on the team has connections somewhere. I couldn't figure out who the big, out-of-place looking people were at the game. They told the boys that they were great for a 2A Freshman team. That was the highlight of the season for Erik. I guess they are trying to get involved in summer training camp here and Erik is already excited about next season.
Here are a few photos from a game.
Erik is #9


2 comments:
Aw, man! I still feel so bad that we didn't make it to any games this season. But I know you all understand why ... and his name has three letters! :)
Way to go Erik and Wildcats!
Love you guys!
PS - yes, I can totally tell Erik by his stand! Ha!
Post a Comment