I like rain. When it is in Hawaii or Florida where it rains for a bit and it's a warm rain and then you see the sun for the rest of the day. Not like here where we have been having short periods of sun through all the rain and the temp reaches 54 degrees. . . okay, maybe 55.
I have been freezing since we came home on Sunday. I like the smell of rain and how it smells like a forest outside at our house right now, but I can't really enjoy it for too long because it gets cold, so I close the window, then it gets stuffy, so I open the window. I feel like the menopausal woman that I am! I think I put away the winter clothes a little early. Good thing they are within reach!
It was so nice to be in Florida where the rain was warm and only lasted about an hour. One day we had two storms lasting about an hour each but it was sunny the rest of the day.
I feel like I live in Oregon. No offense to your Oregonians (Rebecca). I've always said I wouldn't be able to live in the Northwest because of all the rain. The green all around me is kind of nice, though, and our alfalfa is growing like a weed. Like out-of-control morning glory, to be exact, which is good for business!
Although I often complain about the dry climate of Utah, (and how it affects my eyes, my hair, my skin, etc.) I do enjoy the sunshine. It does something for my mood!
Just think of all the conversations centered around the weather, especially over the last couple weeks. As long as there is weather there will always be something to talk about!
But, please. Rain, rain, go away!
1 comment:
We call it "liquid sunshine" here! And it makes your skin so dewey moist! (I'm a Washingtonian now by the way!):)
Post a Comment