It seems like forever ago that I posted anything here. That's because we were on a little graduation trip to Florida with Holly and a few friends. We did this trip as cost-effectively as we could. We flew on miles, stayed at a Hilton Grand Vacation Club for cheap, cheap, cheap. . . we just had to listen to their "preview" and we didn't go to any of the parks. People can't believe we went to Florida and didn't go to the Parks, but the kids decided they were too expensive. We did make it to the beach three times and Kennedy Space Center. We dropped the kids off at Kennedy because Steve and I have been there two times and thought they might like their freedom. We went back into Titusville, FL and went to the Star Trek movie. WOW! It was great.
The kids, meanwhile, couldn't do much at Kennedy because of weather. Usually you take a bus out close to the launch pad and do a tour out there but they said they couldn't do that because of a severe weather alert that was issued. I think they just had a bad attitude, but I'm not sure. The weather was a little unstable while we were there. We had thunderstorms every day and sometimes twice a day, but never continually. We just had to work around them a little. In one town there was a 200 year old tree that was struck by lightning and completely uprooted. They showed a picture of it on the news and it was huge! I guess June 1 was the start of hurricane season. Yikes! The thunderstorms in the south are incredible to watch.
I realized after we got home that I left my sunglasses in the rental car. Grrr! I left them in a courtesy car when we went to Cedar City a couple months ago and had to have my mother-in-law go to the little airport there, pick them up, and mail them to me. I now have to call the rental company and see if they can locate them and mail them to me. I wouldn't worry about it so much, but they are prescription and I'm too cheap to get new ones, even though these are a couple prescriptions old. When I got back home and was looking for my reading glassses (yes, prescription, also!) I couldn't find them. I thought they were in one of two places, but no. It's so frustrating. What's frustrating is needing to have distance glasses and reading glasses! I have been in bifocals for six years. . . I feel old!
Thanks for listening. . . er, reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment