After spending Saturday in Bountiful at two baseball games, I rushed home to have a shower and then headed into "town" to attend the Fiesta Days Pageant that Holly was in. What a treat! There were 11 girls participating. Some of them had been on the drill team with Holly, so she knew them well and enjoys them. The other 5 or 6 she didn't know very well but came to know them better through this experience.
We didn't get much notice for this pageant and Holly has been working lots of hours, so it was hard to fit this in, but she was able to pull it off and actually did a good job! We are very proud of her.
The girls practiced every night last week and for Holly it was after working almost a full day. Plus, there were talents to perfect (as of Thursday afternoon she didn't have all her words down and until you can get the words memorized, you can't really "perform" the song), interviews to prep for, and clothes to get ready. Holly and I were able to work a bunch on her song Thursday night and we actually have a system in our house where we can plug an iPod in and play it throughout the house while we have mics that plug into our piano, so you can sing to whatever is playing throughout the house. The fact that she could practice with a mic before the performance made a huge difference! By the end of Thursday night, Holly was looking pretty comfortable with her performance. I was excited for her!
So, now I present the photos from the Fiesta Days Pageant. ENJOY!
Holly is contestant #10, second from the left in the front. This was the opening number
Marci, a girl that Holly got to know better from the pageant, won the "evening gown" portion. This was a very pretty color purple, not as dark as it appears in the photo
Myken, who Holly knows from Drill. Holly was hemming this dress when she should have been practicing her talent! She did a pretty good job. . . and it was my favorite evening gown. It was teal blue/green
Nice timing, girl in green! My camera is a little delayed so this is what I got. Too bad, because this was the best photo from Holly's evening gown walk
Again. . . my camera shoots delayed, so I got Holly as she was walking away from receiving her award for "Miss Photogenic!"The queen will receive $500 at the end of her reign if she doesn't become engaged, married, or pregnant, in no particular order. . . and no I am not kidding! The attendants will receive $250 each.







2 comments:
Okay. I'm SHOCKED at the girl who WON!! I don't mean to sound "catty" but come on! Couldn't they choose one of the girls who was wearing a MODEST dress? Seriously!! And just from the pictures, she was one of my LEAST favs. Oh well. I'm just biased toward Holl, I guess! I'm also surprised that the teal dressed girl didn't win best evening gown. Who in the world were these judges??!!
At least the right girl won Miss Photogenic :)
I'm SO sorry we couldn't be there. I really wanted to be. But it was a bad weekend with gall bladder issues and stuff.
Love you guys!
Oh - and I have to say that the engaged, married or pregnant thing is FUNNY!
Also, I've been meaning to ask, what IS the Fiesta Days pageant anyway?? :)
And third - I'm still in shock at the girl who won. Not only was her "evening gown" one of my least favorites, it didn't even FIT her! And it wasn't modest either. Sheesh, judges!!
Okay, I'm truly done ranting now! :) Ha ha!
Post a Comment