Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Finale

Just wanted to post about Christmas before 2009 gets away.

The Christmas phone call with our missionary was wonderful and the highlight of our Christmas. I just wanted to post what I received and am so excited about.

My gift this year was a new mac laptop. And a new monitor and a keyboard to attach to it when I am at home. All because, in just a few days I will once again be a student. We were able to purchase laptops for Julia, our niece, Jaren, and Holly when they graduated high school and went off to university. I guess it is now my turn for a laptop. Steve's philosophy is that a laptop is often used in the classroom and he doesn't want me to be left out. I am not sure I will need one in the classroom for English 1010 and American Civilization 1710 or whatever it is, but, shhh, don't tell Steve that!


I was hoping to get typing some documents while away for Christmas, but I need to load Word for Macs on it before I can do that. Can't wait to get home to do that. I also am excited to have my very own computer. I have always had to share it with the family in the past, but not any more. We will move the old Mac into the kitchen and put my new laptop in my den. Woohoo! Jeff. . . when might you be available for helping the old lady figure out the new laptop and get everything transferred over? Jeff? Oh, thank heavens for a tech-savvy brother-in-law who doesn't live too far away!

It has been snowing lightly here for 48 hours. It made for sloppy skiing conditions yesterday and I didn't go today because of the conditions yesterday. I am a fair-weather skiier, for sure! Not my favorite thing to do, but like I said before, I do it because my family loves it. I have only skiied 1 day and they skiied 4!

We have enjoyed almost the whole first season of Criminal Minds. Yes, we appear to be addicts, all of us! I LOVE that show. We even watched all of the extra interviews on the DVD'S and it was cool. Matthew Gray Gubler cracks us up! You have to be somewhat of a genuine genius to play one so well!

We hope to leave tomorrow afternoon but that depends on weather. I don't know what the weather has been like at home, but I think we will probably have snow all the way home. The nice thing about Utah roads is they are salted, which means they are usually clear. I am more concerned about Idaho roads, as they only sand their roads.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas with some time for relaxing and that you all look forward to a wonderful 2010!


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you're having a great time there-just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed getting to know you better through your blog. How funny is it that we can stay in touch this way! Hope you all have a great new year, all our love to your family!

Jeff said...

I would be happy to help you move everything over from your old computer. Macs actually have a really easy way to do that.

Also, do you have Word for Mac on your old computer, or did you get iWork?