As I was taking Tanner to the bus stop this morning, he stopped mid-sentence and said, "whoa, look at the elk!" I turned to look and couldn't believe the herd I saw this morning. Again, I was caught without my camera but kept watching them from the house to see if I could get a good picture. I would go out, take a picture, come back in and get on the computer, go out, take a picture, come back in. I didn't even know if the pictures would turn out. They did, I just couldn't get all the elk in the picture at once. There must have been 70 of them. . . and I'm no fisher-woman, so there really were about that many! I was excited to get a picture of one of the bulls. I can't see really what I'm getting when I look through my lens that far away, so it wasn't until I uploaded them to the computer that I saw "the rack." And what a fine rack it is!
just on the other side of our fence



I wish you could have seen the size of this herd. . . I truly couldn't believe it. I guess (according to long-time legends) the elk used to winter on our property all the time, but we have not seen them much in the last 2 1/2 years, so this is quite a sight. It gives visitors something to do while they are here. Well, if they're here in the morning or evening, anyway, which is when we usually see them.
No comments:
Post a Comment