Whew, I survived Costco AND Wal-Mart in the same day! I came home and put the canned foods in my Shelf Reliance Cansolidator units. I love these things! Maybe some time when I have more time I will post pictures of them. (After I get all the slots labeled!) I love how organized I feel when I use them. It makes it easy to take inventory of what I need. Now I need to get my meat put in individual bags. Luckily I only got roasts so that won't be too difficult. I got the bagels cut in half, bagged in individual bags, and in the freezer. Now I need to cut up my wonderful whole grain bread and do the same with it. Some time in the next day or so I will do that.
I spent today preparing a talk for church when Steve and I are guest speakers in the ward he grew up in. This is stressing me out so bad. I have a couple ideas that go together but I don't have enough time to do both. We were asked to speak on Provident Living. Steve said he would take that topic and asked if I would rather speak on being spiritually prepared. Steve spoke to the youth of this same ward a couple months ago about simplified personal finances. This is a great topic for him since he is the creator of the mvelopes system for personal finances, but this is not my baby! I am basing my talk on Putting on the Armor of God, fortifying our homes and how having the character of Captain Moroni can help us do this. I'm still in the process of putting it all together. You will hear more from me after this is over on Sunday.
Oh, a funny thing I need to post about. I came out of the mall (I was looking for a new outfit to wear for above mentioned talk) and I noticed people in the mall looking at some commotion going on outside. Now, I could have gone out one of two sets of doors and chose to go out the one closest to the commotion. I thought someone fell but as I got outside and could hear what was going on, it was a little more clear to me what might have been going on. The police had a woman on the ground and were trying to handcuff her. She was squirming around on the ground and screaming that she was being hurt. She was screaming, "you're hurting me. Ow, my face is getting scratched from having it ground into the sidewalk!" The officer trying to handcuff her was giving orders to some other mall security guy to call for backup. Wow, I was so close to the action!
I spent today preparing a talk for church when Steve and I are guest speakers in the ward he grew up in. This is stressing me out so bad. I have a couple ideas that go together but I don't have enough time to do both. We were asked to speak on Provident Living. Steve said he would take that topic and asked if I would rather speak on being spiritually prepared. Steve spoke to the youth of this same ward a couple months ago about simplified personal finances. This is a great topic for him since he is the creator of the mvelopes system for personal finances, but this is not my baby! I am basing my talk on Putting on the Armor of God, fortifying our homes and how having the character of Captain Moroni can help us do this. I'm still in the process of putting it all together. You will hear more from me after this is over on Sunday.
Oh, a funny thing I need to post about. I came out of the mall (I was looking for a new outfit to wear for above mentioned talk) and I noticed people in the mall looking at some commotion going on outside. Now, I could have gone out one of two sets of doors and chose to go out the one closest to the commotion. I thought someone fell but as I got outside and could hear what was going on, it was a little more clear to me what might have been going on. The police had a woman on the ground and were trying to handcuff her. She was squirming around on the ground and screaming that she was being hurt. She was screaming, "you're hurting me. Ow, my face is getting scratched from having it ground into the sidewalk!" The officer trying to handcuff her was giving orders to some other mall security guy to call for backup. Wow, I was so close to the action!
1 comment:
Well ... how did your talks go? And the Court of Honor? I'm dying to find out!
And I can't WAIT to see what you post from Jaren!!!! YAY!!! Pictures and even a video?! I'm so excited!!
Post a Comment