Tuesday, January 13, 2009

PICTURES FROM GERMANY!

Here are some pictures that were on the picture card Jaren sent.  I will try to post them in chronological order.  We were pleasantly surprised to get the first few.  They were of our property, the creek, the river, and this first one of Tanner, the little brother who thinks Jaren's been gone six years instead of six months.  Enjoy!  

Not sure what he's doing wearing winter pajamas in the middle of the summer or what those shoes are doing on my table in the background!
The front of our house from the lower "upper" field.  Oh, I long for days of summer again. . . except for the allergies that accompany the season.
A river runs through it.  This river is actually on the neighbors property here, but it does run through our property, also.  Jaren was standing in our field when he took the picture.
The MTC district.  These sweet sisters sent me a very nice letter on the day they left the MTC telling me how wonderful "Elder Smith" is.  Notice the big knot in the green tie.
This is Jaren's roommate at the MTC.  I loved this guy the minute I saw the shirt until I asked Jaren about the picture and, well, you read the comment in the letter.  He's not a U fan, but the girlfriend made it for him so he had to get a picture in it for her!  He should be wearing it with PRIDE right now after that fabulous Sugar Bowl win!!!
Speaking of big knots.  Jaren was telling us he learned how to tie a double windsor.  Sheesh, I didn't know it would be bigger than his face!
The streets of Hanau.  These two photos could have been close to his apartment because there were many of these few buildings you see here.  But then again, most of the streets in Europe look the same.

This must be the chapel.  I love how it is just amongst the regular buildings here.
Okay, I was wanting to get pictures of the making of the "armor of God."  I only posted a few hoping that the video clip would work.  It doesn't look like it worked, so I will have to try to figure out how to post it.  
        Elder Norton pierced by the sword or righteousness
                   Jaren enguard!
The video clip that didn't work. It was Jaren introducing it, then Elder Norton thanking him for the intro then he proceeded to tell about the armor.  The shield is reinforced with hangers to give it its shape.
Jaren must have thought this was funny, as did I.  Not sure what it means, but it is interesting
                   The handsome missionary
One of the families in Hanau.  I think this lady plays the accordian.  I think this is also the family that sent us a lovely Christmas card written in German, which Jaren translated for us.


3 comments:

Cristi said...

Jana, I love, love LOOOVE the pictures!!! It makes me want to see MORE!! I'm so happy you finally got his package and were able to post these! Awww, I miss him!!

You should be able to post a video just like you do photos. But I've never done it, so I'm not sure how. I think there's a video link next to the picture link.

Jana's Family said...

Cristi, I will try that. I forgot there was a separate link. I tried posting it just like a picture. I will try the other and see what happens. I couldn't WAIT for you to see the pictures!

Julie said...

Looks like all is well in the mission field in Germany!
I liked the tie!