Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just another day

Well, wish me luck.  I am heading to the city to shop.  No, not fun shopping. . . Costco shopping. I have decided since I don't live in the city any more I better figure out a way to get there and do some power-shopping once a month.  I plan to go to Costco, the dreaded Wal-Mart, possibly another grocery store, return some Christmas gifts, and Petsmart so we can keep the dogs alive! I need to be back to pick up Tanner from Cubs by 4:30 so I can then rush him to basketball practice. He is soooo excited that it wasn't hard at all to get him out of bed. Usually he is excited for Wednesdays so he can go to Cub Scouts, but today Cubs is just a time-filler until THE event of the day. . . basketball! I think I posted awhile back about him being selected for the competition of shooting free-throws at a county level.  He was one selected from his school for his age.  Tanner thinks he will be a professional basketball player when he grows up. I'm not sure he realizes his genetics put him at a disadvantage for that possibility. There are a few great players at 5' 9", but not many.  I will just let him dream for now!

Welcome back to the North Pole, Cristi!  I think your area is getting the worst of the storms this winter.  We have about 10" total.  I'm grateful, but sorry for you!  

1 comment:

Cristi said...

Ha! How in the world do we have it worse than you guys? All this snow is boggling my mind!

Thanks for the welcome back!

Hopefully we'll see you soon.

Oh, and enjoy your adventure into "town." Drive safely through Parley's!