Friday, July 10, 2009
A Swather, Not a Combine
I stand corrected on my last post about the "combine." I was talking with Steve about it and asked if the hay cutting/windrowing machine was a combine or a swather. He informed me it is a swather. Either we didn't have swathers in my parts growing up, or all I heard about was combines. That' all that stuck in my memory-fogged brain, anyway. I know we had three pieces of equipment to cut, rake, and bale the hay. Nothing fancy like a "swather." I still wasn't sure if Steve's answer was correct, so I googled both. Sure enough. A combine is used to cut grains and a swather is used to cut and create windrows in preparation for the baler. Maybe I'm the only slow learner here! Anyway, they are both big pieces of equipment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! I haven't been up and around and was so excited to check your blog! But where is Jaren's latest letter?! :)
I love your latest posts though - the one of mom hanging your flag made my heart swell with pride for our cute momma! :)
Hopefully we'll be up tonight. As long as I stay drugged up, I think we might be able to make it. But the drugs make me loopy. Oh well, I'd rather be a little loopy and be able to go up and visit than not!
Post a Comment