It sounds as though Jaren is in good spirits. Even though the letter was short, he sounds very good.
Well this email will be a little shorter than all the others, I think though, that you´ll all be okay with that! I hope anyway! I am actually on a split right now with the zone leaders. We are pretty much done, but I am here in Kaiserslautern right now with them and we are doing stuff together today. A little different from not doing too much in Saarbrücken, which is nice.
This week has gone by really well. We have found two new investigators that we will be going back on this week and found another younger guy that wanted us to come back this week as well. That makes three new people, which is absolutly fantastic. It is obviously not by my own doing, but the Lords. They are all college age men, another thing that I haven´t seen since I have been here, so I am really excited to teach them! I don´t have much else to say yet about them because we haven´t really meet them yet, except for just a couple of minutes on the streets and by doing doors.
On the other hand, all of the Elderly investigators are doing well. We haven´t been by Frau Fuchs yet this week, but she is doing well. We were able to talk to her on the phone and we have an appointment set up for later this week with her. Schwester Schmitt is doing okay, but it is always up and down with her. I love everything about her, but when it comes to explaining anything gospel related she has a tough time because it has been engrained in her head for so many years. To be honest though, if she really wanted to understand, she could. It isn´t that she doesn´t have interest in what we have to say, she is just concerned about it not being true and even possibly what to do if she finds out it is true. She is still working on it, and it will come in its own due time. I just put my trust in the Lords timing on that, and just patiently wait.
Frau Backes is also doing well. She always amazes me with her questions. I know that she would love to come to church, but we found out that the taxi service costs 36 EURO each time she uses it, so it would cost a lot per month for her just to come to church. Thats about 45 Dollars or so which is just plain rediculous!!! But she loves us whenever we come over, and is always listening intently to what we have to say and is always very grateful for what we teach her.
As far as the rest of the week went, it was pretty good. It was long, but good. I am tired. But the work goes on. We just had Zone Conference, and just so you know Mom, it was in Heidleberg, and it is a very pretty city! But, besides that fact, we had Elder Causée from the Seventy come and teach us. The whole emphasis now for the mission is enjoy yourself, enjoy the mission, have a love for the work, and be happy. I have been very happy this whole week, in fact probably the happiest that I have been because I have really tried to take this to heart. I have learned in the short time of doing this that the Lord has his own timing. As long as I am prepared to go out the door each day, have a happy attitude, and though I have daily goals; to just except what comes and love it anyway. A happy attitude and love for the work and people brings so much more success than it would otherwise!
So now for the questions:
Q. How has your week gone with Elder Stradling?
A. Really well! We love it here and working together. We are learning lots and having a lot of fun too!
Q. I have pics I need to send you. Should I send them to your apartment or the mission office?
A. If you send them right away and as long as it isn´t a package then you can send it to the apartment, but otherwise just send it to the mission home.
Q. When is your next Zone Conference?
A. We just had it last week, so in six weeks we will have the next one.
Q. I don't hear much about your ward. What's happening there? Do you know many members? Are you close to any of them besides the Ward Mission Leader?
A. Oh, I love the ward! It is like home, and I know all of them! I know all 50 of them. I have done a lot with them and have had appointments with many of them over the last several months as well! In fact, I have to play the piano for the ward choir on Sunday, and the organ because it is Ward Conference, and the only pianist is gone on vacation for the next three weeks! That means I am also playing the organ for the next three weeks. I like helping out when I can though!
Well, I hope that you all have a great week and enjoy live!
Your Son/Brother
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment