I bought this flag about a year ago. My goal was to get an American Flag and a German flag to fly in honor of Jaren while he is away. Colonial Flag didn't have the German flag I wanted so I just got the American Flag and decided I would just buy a German flag online some time, which I have never done!
I don't know how to run a drill. I know that sounds kinda funny knowing where I grew up and having the mom I do, but I somehow missed that lesson in my childhood. Steve is very busy. I know you all will find that hard to believe! So, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. . . who was I to call? That's right, my mom! Now why didn't I think of that sooner? She was with me when I bought the flag and knew that I wanted to put it up. I don't know how it came about in conversation, but I finally figured out she knew how to operate a drill or she offered to put up my flag holder and help me get my flag on the pole. I was so excited!
I consider myself to be very patriotic, but have never displayed a flag. Why not? I have no idea. I have lived in two other countries and love the one I live in and am a resident of. I think it was just that darn flag pole holder that was holding me back! Well, wait no longer. Take a look at Lavonna, the drill mistress!!

You go, momma! We couldn't decide how high to put the holder. It actually is a little high and hard to get to. I have to stretch from the porch to a landscaping rock and reach as high as I can (which isn't very high for someone 5' tall!) all without the flag touching the ground. What was I thinking? If I put it any lower, the flag would probably touch the ground while flying!
God bless the USA!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment