School started for us on Tuesday. Boy, are we all tired?!? Our 8 year old was usually the last one to bed and the last one to rise in the mornings. That all came to a screeching halt Tuesday. I wish I could say he gets to bed earlier than he did in the summer, but he really doesn't. Okay, maybe by an hour. All I can say is I have been pretty darn lazy this summer and sleeping later than usual. Now, 5:15 a.m. comes very early! I need to get to bed earlier. . . no matter what time I get to bed, 5:15 always rolls around whether I'm ready or not.
School starts 20 minutes later in the day for the elementary school and 15 minutes later in the day for the middle/high schools, which means it also gets out that much later in the day. Regardless of what time school starts, drill team practice is still at 6:00 a.m!
The boys are looking forward to snow. . . ugh, not me. I am not ready for another winter like we had last year. We were still having snow in June. . . lucky we missed it because we were on vacation. It did snow on my birthday the middle of May, though. Can't remember when that happened last.
Jaren didn't have much to say in his last letter. His threesome is now down to two. I might have said that last week. The one elder did end up going home to have ankle surgery. Two of his friends should have reported to the MTC yesterday. He was looking forward to that. He also had another great experience at the Referral Center. I can tell he is ready to get to Germany. Hopefully he will have more to say next week. He still sounds good.
We attended the funeral of Steve's grandma over the weekend. She was 93 years old. She was in great health until about a year and a half ago when she had a stroke that affected her memory a bit. She has been alone 21 years. I'm sure she was happy to be reunited with her sweetheart! The kids were excited to be with cousins for the weekend.
I will report again next week.
1 comment:
First of all, so sorry about the passing of Grandma C. But like you said, she's probably happier now than she's ever been! I know you guys were close to her.
I can't believe your kids started school already! Holy cow! Speaking of which, when are we going to take some pictures of Holly? I'm rip-roarin' ready to go!
What day does Jaren leave the MTC? I haven't been as good at writing him, so I need to get on the ball. I want to make sure he gets lots of letters before he leaves!
Post a Comment