Friday, August 29, 2008

Kids Quotes

I just have to write a couple things the kids said yesterday.  Erik (8th grade) was talking to me and told me he doesn't like one of the office ladies.  I asked him why and he said, with much disgust, "okay, so a teacher sent us to the office to get thumb tacks, and she wouldn't even give them to us.  She said, 'we don't give thumb tacks to students,' "now, isn't that stupid, mom?"  I couldn't help myself.  I started laughing and said, "hello, you're middle school students, I wouldn't have given you any, either."  Now, a middle school student with thumb tacks is up to no good! The funnier thing about this is this particular lady always has a smile on her face and speaks very softly.  She told me last year, very firmly and softly, that there was no way they could allow Erik to start school until all of his immunizations were current and they couldn't budge on that, all with a smile on her face.  I can understand how that might  be annoying to a middle school student, but I'm glad she's pleasant.

I asked Tanner earlier in the week who his favorite friend was in his classroom.  He couldn't think of anyone at first, then after a minute, he told me his favorite friend was his teacher. Tanner told me yesterday that he likes his teacher so much he hopes she can go to 4th grade with him!  I like her too, and hope for the same thing!

1 comment:

Cristi said...

Oh, I'm so happy to hear that about Tanner's teacher after his nightmare last year!!