After running, Jaren, Holly, and I went to Heber City to the dentist. It has been 3, 2, and 4 years, respectfully, since we went to the dentist. I hate to admit that here, but I haven't found a dentist since moving up here. The dentist we used to go to in SLC became a Pediatric Dentist right around the time we moved and I just didn't know where to go--Park City or Heber? I knew I didn't want to travel to SLC every time I had to go to the dentist. We have dental insurance for the first time in our marriage and I knew I had to get on the ball to find a dentist soon so we could get two visits in this year. Mom had someone recommend a dentist to her and she liked him. Luckily he was on our insurance and was accepting new patients. Man my teeth hurt tonight! I don't know if it's because the hygienist was rough or because I had such a plaque buildup. It's like having-just-been-to-the-orthodonist hurt! I actually took some advil and took a nap. I also had them paint on a flouride paste to help with tooth sensitivity. I am not sure I will have that done again. It feels disgusting! There is a strange taste in my mouth and my teeth feel coated. Ick!! I will have to see if it actually works for the sensitivity. I will give this dentist one more chance and if my teeth still hurt so much afterward, I know it is not because I haven't been to the dentist in such a long time--the hygienist is just rough! I hope that's not the case. I don't want to have to look for another dentist. I have an appointment scheduled for Tanner in a couple weeks, but I told them today when I left that I will have him see the Pediatric Dentist next door. I don't need the poor child being traumatized by the dentist!
Friday, May 6, 2011
Long Run
Today I decided it was good enough to run outside. The only problem was the wind was blowing down the canyon. I knew I could run with the wind; I was concerned about the return trip and running against the wind. Then I had a brilliant idea--I called my mom to see if she would bring me home if I ran to her place. Yes! Problem solved. I headed out the door thinking I would have to run a little beyond her place because I thought she was under three miles away. As I was running, I knew mentally how far I would have to run to make it at least 2.5 continuous miles of running. It was starting to get hard (tiring). I kept thinking . . . "just keep running, running, running." I was so relieved to stop running. On the trip home I had her clock the mileage and it was 3.3 miles! WooHoo! That meant I ran close to 3 miles. I didn't start running until I was at the top of our driveway and it is .3 miles long. Later in the day I clocked my running miles and it was 2.8--at least .3 more than the farthest I have run. I was sooooo excited. I am close to three miles, which is the most I have ever ran continuously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment