I just don't know what to blog about any more now that Jaren is here. I started this blog as a place to post his letters and then hopefully get his mission letters and pictures made into a book, but I don't know how to do that. I blogged about plenty of other things in addition to his mission until school started for me last January. . . then life got crazy! I blogged about school a little and the trials of 4th grade (glad that's over!). Tanner will be in 5th grade and hopefully it will be a better year for him (us.)
I will only be taking one class this fall--English 2010 and studying for my math placement (again) and hoping to qualify for Math 990 (again!) I took the placement test last fall and qualified for Math 990, the math class just below regular college math, which is Math 1010. When I went to enroll in Math 990 for fall, I wasn't allowed to register for the class. I called the university and they told me that the requirements had changed and I now had to start in Math 950. . . are you kidding me?!? I was soooo discouraged. I am NOT excited AT ALL to take math anyway, and then to find out I would have to take TWO resource math classes (okay, that's not what the university calls them, but you know what I mean!) That meant a total of FOUR math classes to take at university. . . ugh! I had a friend tell me about a math tutoring site (maybe mymathtutor.com but I can't remember.) I have it bookmarked so I can find it again. I am hoping I can pay the $50 to use the site for a month, then take the placement test again and qualify for Math 990. I guess I missed qualifying for that class by ONE point! But because I am a "non-traditional student," meaning I'm old and haven't had math for over 30 years, the university suggested I start in Math 950 so I won't be lost. They want my money one way or another, I suppose.
Okay, enough about university math. . . it makes me perspire just thinking about it!
Anyway, I am not sure which direction I want to take my blog, if any direction at all. I like writing and maybe, if for no other reason, I can have this as my journal, and as soon as I figure out how to make a book out of my blog, I will have a family history.
And now for the family history part. . . Steve is out of town and I decided to have a little party of sorts up here tonight. His brother and his kids and girlfriend are coming to stay the night, so I suggested a hotdog roast at the fire pit and we can do smores, too. I invited my mom to come, also, and then I got to thinking, hey I could even invite Jeff and Cristi and little Leo. So that's what I did! They are all coming here tonight. We are excited.
I am teaching my first Relief Society lesson in many, many years. As the RS Secretary in our ward, I am not required to teach any lessons, which I am grateful for. This month, however, I was to be the only one from the Presidency in attendance this week, so they asked if I would teach and they would get the Stake RS President (a member of our ward) to conduct. The President realized she would be in town and offered to conduct and asked me to continue in my lesson preparations. Ha! I hadn't even started planning at that point. I am SO stressed about teaching. Well, not really stressed about being in front of people, but just timing and making sure I involve the sisters. I want to show a Mormon Message called, "My New Life," about Stephanie Nielsen and her husband and the results of their small airplane crash two years ago, but it's eight minutes long. I called a friend to see if she or her husband were less computer/tech illiterate than I am and she suggested putting it on a DVD and then just showing it on the church tv. I am really worried about getting everything done while I have guests here. I suppose I better get off the computer and onto my lesson preparations! The title of my lesson will be "Be of Good Cheer" and I think Stephanie (or Nie Nie) is a great example of that.
Thanks for listening to my nonsensical ramblings.
2 comments:
Hi Jana~Don't stop blogging, it is a great way to stay in touch with you all up there and I love to hear about your life!
I can totally understand your math issue, when I started back to college as a "non-traditional" I had to start with Math 20, which was only 1 step up from the lowest math-and I kept putting it off cause I also hate math. But I did it and I survived, getting A's in every math class except my very last one in the Elem. program (stupid teacher).
Anyway,,,about the publishing, Rachel found a site called blog2print.com that you can use to publish your blog posts, we haven't tried it yet. Hope it is helpful.
Don't stop believing, hold on to that fee-ee-ee-ling :)
Sorry - that's what came into my mind when I read Rebecca's comment - don't stop blogging!
I agree, though. When I read your "to blog or not to blog" I thought "to BLOG! for SURE!"
Last night was so fun. Thank you for having us up!
Post a Comment