I feel as though my life has been on hold for the past several weeks with Zola's wedding and Jaren's return from a two year mission to Germany. The wedding was on July 10th and Jaren returned July 15th. We had his "homecoming address" on Sunday, July 18th, and then had about 100 people out here after church to celebrate with us. My mother-in-law and I prepared food ALL day long on Saturday. My mom came over a little later in the day and helped outside then prepared many avocados, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers. You would think Jaren was returning from Mexico and not Germany!
It has been SOOOO nice having him home! The greatest thing is that I only have to ask or mention something once and it is done! Too bad the 15 year old brother is gone for the next three weeks! He could certainly learn by example. . . oh, that's right. . . he wouldn't be around much because he sleeps late and hangs out with friends most of the day, so he might not take notice. I don't know the last time Erik was out by 7:00 a.m. to change sprinkler pipes! It is now done way before the time he would even roll out of bed. . . bless his heart! I do have to admit that Erik is pretty darn funny these days. I hope I can stand to miss his humor over the next three weeks. My favorite is his East Indian accent. He is gone to National Scout Jamboree and hopefully having a BLAST. He called us from NYC on Monday, his first night gone.
Today we are celebrating Holly's 19th birthday. This may sound selfish, but I am SOOO grateful she is a girl so I won't be losing her any time soon to a mission. If she were a boy, she would be ready to leave shortly after Jaren's arrival. I don't know how families do it when their missionaries overlap! I guess they just look at it as double blessings while they are each out.
We are heading to SLC for the afternoon. Holly wants makeup and hey, who am I to pass up an opportunity to visit the new and ONLY Sephora (as far as I know, anyway) in Utah? I LOVE that place!! Not sure what Jaren and Tanner will do while we are there, but I am sure they can figure it out for a few minutes (or an hour!) Visiting a Sephora is what we would do when we would travel and have a store close to us. Thanks, Sephora, for coming to Utah!
Then I think we will head to Verizon to trade out phones. The plan right now is to hand my phone down to Jaren and I will hopefully get a smarter phone (well at least a "smart phone!") Then the request from Jaren (and Holly willing) is to eat at Cafe Rio, since he hasn't had any Mexican food (besides his homecoming meal! haha) for two years!
Sorry I have included so many parentheses, but I just couldn't help myself!
Happy birthday, Holly! Every family needs at least one girl to spice up their lives!!
No comments:
Post a Comment