Here is the letter for the week. Sounds like his new companion might actually show up this week!
Dear Familie,
Well, it has been an interesting week to say the least! I am still with Elder Chirstensen because the mission couldn´t do the transfers since the missionaries going home couldn´t leave, and the new ones couldn´t come. It is still crazy because the airlines are still backed up supposedly trying to catch up, that we still aren´t sure if they will happen this week. But is sounds like they will. This cycle will only be 5 weeks instead of the normal 6 weeks. So, it was interesting. We finally saw planes again over the base one week later and have been flying ever since! Many people from our ward were stranded and couldn´t get back, so yeah, I guess you could say that we don´t know how much we depend on something like flying until you can´t fly anymore!
As far as our week has gone, it ended up going pretty well. We finished teaching a less active familes 9 year old daughter who is now ready to be baptized. She will be baptized by her grandpa when they visit in the states, but will be interviewed by Elder Lybbert before that happens. So, we were happy about that. Her name is Audrey Horton. So, sometime in June, she´ll be baptized, and we have to have everything ready by then.
We also met with an active family who invited a friend of theirs over last night, his name is Jason. He has been through a divorce just recently, and has since broken up with a girl friend. Needless to say, life is a bit rough for him right now. We also found out that he started out RLDS, and then his family switched over to Baptist. I have never had that before! But he is a great guy. He is a police officer for the military, and has been here for just over a year. We taught him the lesson on the Restoration and challenged him to read the Book of Mormon. He was excited, and eager to read in it. The family that is helping him along is the Moran family. They are just great for him. Bro. Moran was Jason´s supervisor at work, so they are good friends. When we invited him to come to church, he replied, I am coming next week with Bro. Moran. It just seemed to simple. I have noticed though, that when members bring their friends into the church, or we bring members with us to meet people we have found, it goes much smoother, and the investigator is more excited and more willing to try things out for themselves. Such is the case. We really only have to give the lessons.
SO, I guess I can wish Erik a happy birthday in three days! How can he start driving before 15 anyway? I don´t even remember getting my learners permit until I was 15 1/2! You´ll have to tell me about that one. But I can´t believe that he is taller than Dad and I! And, I don´t even want to know about Tanner! It is too scary to think about! I am also happy that Holly got her letter. I thought that I was going to have to explain that since the planes can´t fly, she wouldn´t be able to get it until a week or so later, but I am just glad that that is not the case! I am also assuming that Mom and Holly are almost finished with the semester? If so, you two have got to be really happy. No more homework for a while, Mom can do other things, maybe even rest a little! Just kidding. I don´t even know what your life is like Mom, and I am not going to try and guess!
Oh, and another thing, Mom, when is registration again? I saw in Kendricks email that he was already registered, and several other missionaries are also registered for fall. So, I don´t know. If so, I need to take math 1050, intro to buisness 1050, and a German class, and the rest I don´t know, probably two more, most likely towards accounting.
I hope that your week goes well. Have fun with the bees! Work hard for me! Play hard and pray hard too!
Mit herzenvoller Liebe,
Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment