Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Touching video

I confess.  I'm a huge Jazz fan and at this time in the season  I am a little obsessive with the NBA. I am constantly checking scores and standings.  The Jazz had such a difficult start to the season and have come so far that I just can't help myself when it comes to checking out how close they are to the number 2 spot in the west and how close the running is for the division title.  Not only am I checking up on the Jazz, but I also check the other teams that are between the #2 and #8 places in the west. Last night was no exception.  I was so caught up in the results of the Denver/Suns game and the Portland/Philadelphia game that I was constantly going back and forth between the two games on nba.com.  The games were going so slow (you know how game time goes) and I wanted Denver and Portland to lose so badly.  I kept telling Steve (we share a den and he was at his computer across the room) what the score was.  I thought I was going to die when one game (I think it was the Portland. It was late, okay) game went into overtime. While that game was in overtime, I kept close tabs on the other game, bouncing back and forth between two screens.  Steve finally got up and announced he was going to bed.  With 3 seconds left in the Denver game?!?  Ughhh!  I finally decided that the score would be around tomorrow and I could check the standings then. . . me watching the score wasn't going to change anything. So off to bed I went!  Imagine my excitement this morning when I checked the scores and BOTH Denver and Portland lost. Woohoo!

What I'm trying to say is. . . I think Dwayne Wade is an incredible player.  I didn't know much about him before I saw him play against the Jazz other than he did a couple cute commercials with Charles Barkley. (He's in the east. . . I don't keep such good tabs on the eastern players!) When I saw him play, I wanted to scream and yell at him (okay, I probably was while I was watching the game. . . it went to THREE overtimes!) all while watching in awe at how good he was.  I gained a new respect for him that day. I saw this video today while I was looking at the NBA website and had tears come to my eyes while I was watching it.  I have a whole new respect for him since.  I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2009/03/24/nba_20090323_wade_makeawish.nba/index.html

No comments: