All this leads me to posting my predictions for the week. I need to do this before the results show tonight to see how accurate I am. There were some good performers in group 3, so this is hard. I think Ju' Not, Jorge, and Lil Rounds will make it through and I can't decide who might be a wildcard. I'm not really sure how they decide that. I think that's another show for another night, but I'm not sure. I think it could be Von Smith, Felicia Barton (who I think is great), or Scott McIntyre, who is blind. As much as I like Taylor from Utah and Ariana, I just don't think their performances were enough to get them through. Tonight will tell!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
AI Group 3
Okay, so I need to post about last night's American Idol before I forget. Tanner and I were watching. I was in the chair in my bedroom and he was lying on our bed (we were confined to my bedroom because there was a houseful of scouts running around our house for wii night at the Smith's.) He would do homework during commercials. That's just how it is at our house on AI nights. Usually homework is finished by the time AI starts, but he and Erik had been out late flying kites. . . that's another story for another post. Back to AI--Tanner and I were listening to the performers and one girl did "This One's For the Girls" by Martina McBride. I performed this song once for a Master Class or a recital or something and it was a bit of a stretch because of the key the music and background vocals were done in. Tanner must have recognized the song as one I had done and he said, "You could make it." I asked what he meant. He said, "You could get through." I was thinking he meant to call in and vote, then it dawned on me what he meant. I said, "You think I could make it to the next round?" and he said, "Yeah, you could." Ahh, thanks, Tanner! It was comforting to know that this girl struggled with it as much as I did. . . well, not that she had such a hard time with it, but I felt validated in my struggle, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My sister, Jeannie, and her husband live in Soda Springs, Idaho. He has hives all over southeastern Idaho.
Post a Comment