Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Paul Cardall

I heard about this last week or the week before and was very saddened by the news.  Paul Cardall, a man with a musical gift, is in need of a heart transplant due to a congenital heart disease.  I had no idea he was sick.  I have known of his music for several years and had never heard anything about his disease.  To now see pictures of him attached to an oxygen tank makes me sad.  I just want to post his blog address to my sidebar so that you can all read about him.  He is an amazing individual.  On his blog you can be linked to his other blogs and a blog about a sweet little girl named Gracie who passed away last week (I remember reading her obituary and thought at that time how sad it was).  It is a sweet, touching story.  His musician friends Kurt Bestor, Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band, and Peter Breinholt, will be doing a fundraising performance for him in April.  I was truly inspired reading about him in last week's news article and on his blog.  I hope you will be, too.

3 comments:

KatBouska said...

Oh wow, thanks for the links!! I've never heard of him, but I'll definitely click over and offer some support!!

Cristi said...

Do you have this link? A friend sent it to me today:

http://www.livingforeden.com/

That might be the one you have.

I heard about little Gracie through my friend Mimi whose baby daughter Mia had a heart transplant a few months back. I think you may read her blog through mine. But just in case, her link is:

http://mcdonaldfam.blogspot.com/

Are we still planning on dinner this Sunday? What can I bring?

Love you guys!

Oh - and sometime we need to do more pictures of Holly huh!

Cristi said...

Where's Jaren's letter? I'm waiting so impatiently! :)