I saw Claudia the Dietician again last Wednesday. I haven't blogged about it yet because I left to go out of town on Friday, spent the rest of Wednesday getting ready for our annual Relief Society Appreciation Dinner held that evening, and spent Thursday getting ready to go out of town.
This time, Claudia was more specific with me. I told her she didn't explain anything about how to incorporate fats into my eating plan. She told me she didn't want me to worry about fats right now. My goal is to balance proteins and carbs and have half my plate full of veggies, and to eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. Fruits are included as a carb. Claudia is working to get me over the "diet mentality." It's kind of like a long de-briefing : )
I asked for some oil and vinegar recipes and she asked if I like oil and vinegar dressing. When I told her not especially, she said to eat what I want right now and that I don't worry about that. I asked about ranch dressing and she told me if that's what I like to go ahead and put it on my salad. She told me her favorite way of cooking frozen green beans. I am also continuing to read the book Intuitive Eating. I am learning about the five phases of intuitive eating. I am in phase one and may be there awhile. I think it is in the third phase that I will start seeing weight loss.
I learned different things from Claudia on this visit than on the first one. I can have carbs (fruits, grains, candy, goodies) as long as I have a protein with it and I have to be hungry. If I want a snack (and I'm hungry--get the picture?) I can have a cheese stick and then my fruit or my red vines, or my small brownie, but not all three.
One thing I discovered accidentally on this trip is frozen yogurt. I know about the frozen yogurt you can get that is like ice cream, but my yogurt got frozen in our little room fridge and it was soooo good! I think I will plan that occasionally from now on!
The trip went well as far as eating goes. I actually got a littletoo hungry a couple of times, but did the best I could!
No comments:
Post a Comment