Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Feeling Patriotic

I was so excited when I noticed my sister created some new blog backgrounds, hoping they were patriotic, and guess what? They are! I looooove this time of year as we near U.S. Independence Day. I have had the opportunity to live in two countries other than the U.S. Although I loved the experience, I feel fortunate to call the United States of America "home."

I love that we celebrate our independence with such gusto. That's the only word that came to mind at the moment. We have fought hard for our independence throughout the short history of our country and will need to continue to fight hard for that same independence in the future.

I became even more patriotic as I took my history class last semester and was reminded of the events surrounding the establishment of this great country. I am proud to be an American!

Thanks, Cristi, for these fabulous backgrounds. I will have to rotate through them for the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Cristi said...

Aww, I have the nicest sister :)

Cristi said...

PS - I LOVE your new header picture of Patriotic Ken's Kash! The John Deere parked out front is CLASSIC!