This post isn't turning out in the order I would like it to, but I am getting things posted and am even including pictures. My sister and brother-in-law taught me how to scan pictures to my computer and I am so excited about this. I kinda went wild getting them all scanned. Here are a few of my favorites!
This is me at my first Christmas. I remember this huge stuffed dog!
This is my handsome dad with me in my walker. I could do a whole post about that walker. . . but I won't!
This is my very skinny mom in her favorite olive green stretchy stirrup pants! Isn't she beautiful?!?We had family come to our house for Christmas this year. As with most people traveling on Christmas this year, they travelled in a blizzard. I was so grateful we weren't traveling, but I was concerned about our family that was. It took my brother about 2 hours for what should have been 40 minutes. It took my sister about the same for a 50 minute trip. We were just glad they arrived safe. A Merry Christmas was had by all! We ended up having a big sleepover because of the weather.
My sister gave me the coolest gift. She always gives cool gifts, but this one was especially cool. It was in a little padded mailing package and when she said she was SOOO excited for me to open it, I'm thinking, "How exciting can it be, really?" It was a Paul and Paula Holiday For Teens CD! We listened to this CD growing up as kids and it was my FAVORITE! The funny thing is I am 15 years older than she is and we both have fond Christmas memories of it. It was originally done in 1960. Now for those of you who think I'm really old. . . this was even before I was born! I guess she searched and searched the internet for it. She found three and gave one to me. It was amazing how the words and music came back to us. We were harmonizing back before we knew what harmonizing was! It was kind of fun to see who sang what parts between the two of us. This was a very special gift because it was something that we listened to with our parents and it was very poignant to receive the CD so many years after my dad's death and have the memories come flooding back! Christmas Eve would have been my parent's 48th anniversary. That means my older brother is WAY old!!
1 comment:
Oh!! This post almost made me cry!! I don't know why I've been so darn emotional lately! (I guess that's how I always am, huh). I'm so glad you liked the CD. I am going to do a post about it when we get back to Utah.
Love you guys!
(Oh - and PS - I'm so impressed that you remembered how to scan your pictures and even post then to your blog. Woo hoo. Go you!)
Post a Comment