There is always something to do around the ranch and these are pictures of a typical Saturday around these parts. Every fall (actually late summer) we need to move the sprinkler pipes off the fields, load them onto our custom-built trailer, and store them there for the winter. The more help we can get, the better. Because Tanner is too small to move a pipe by himself, he was begging to drive the truck. Imagine my surprise when I arrived a few minutes later and saw this!
Are there rules against this? Let's hope not.This is just what you do when there is work to be done!
Oh, yah, there is no road!
I only had to drive once when the truck wouldn't move even though he had it in drive. He was afraid to give it too much gas. That will change in a few years!
After that was done, there was more work to do. We only have Saturday's to do a week's worth of work, you know, so we have to make it count!
We finally got started on that fence project we have been meaning to get to all summer!

This is the old eye sore. Have I posted before how the UPS driver goes AROUND the gate instead of calling us from the box AT the gate before entering? Don't get me started on UPS again!
Did I mention our sophisticated leveling and angling tools?See the green string? Yah.

Pretty slick. What did the pioneer use?
I wish I would have taken a picture of Erik using the "clamshell digging device" to clean the post hole out. I suppose that's how the pioneers did it!
Grandma is making sure we do it right.
We ended the day with burgers and shakes, showers, and a movie at home.
(Notice the "clamshell digging device" on the ground?)















2 comments:
That is a LOT to fit into one day. It is a very good thing you have good helpers.
I didn't know the UPS guy would drive AROUND your gate!! Seriously, what's he going to do now?! Ha ha! I'm glad you guys got so much done. It looks beautiful. It was SO fun to spend time with everyone today!
Can't wait for Jaren's letter tomorrow!
Post a Comment