Okay, so I've had lots of requests for this yummy dessert where ever I take it. I took it to three different events in one week! So I thought I would share it with all of you. They are so easy to make. If ever I give Steve a choice as to what yummy treat he would like, it's these, hands down!
Sandy, I hope you see this!
Pumpkin Squares
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1-14 ounce can pumpkin
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup flour
Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs, one at a time. Slowly beat in pumpkin. Add remaining ingredients. Bake in greased 13 x 9 pan at 350 for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of pan comes out clean. Cool and top with Cream Cheese frosting recipe below.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1-8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
The recipe says to chill these after they are frosted, but I usually don't. I'm sure they would be great chilled! I cut these into about 1" pieces, which makes them great finger desserts and small enough for people who are trying to be careful with their sweets intake.
Enjoy!
We are going to the SSHS football game tonight. . . go Wildcats! We will be in attendance at the U of U football game tomorrow night. Woohoo! It was great to see them beat University of Michigan (I don't think it was Michigan State) last weekend. Go UTES! I love football season.
Got an email from Jaren as to when to expect a call on Monday. He narrowed it down to between 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m! He has to get up at 3:00 a.m. This call will be made from Texas, so you know his flight will be early if he is in Texas at 8:30 a.m. Poor guy. He will arrive in Germany at 7:30 a.m. on the 9th, and it's a full day meeting the mission president, filling out paper work (Jaren called it registering, whatever that means), street preaching, and meeting his trainer. His mission president referred to him as a 'golden trainer.' That sounds better, doesn't it?
The email was mostly full of flight details and Jaren's enthusiasm to get to Germany. I will say it again. . . I can't even imagine 9 weeks in the MTC, as blessed an occasion as it was for three weeks back in 1985! I am so excited for him.
1 comment:
We're excited for Jaren to be going to Germany. I'm sure Taylor will miss him at the MTC. Enjoy your phone call! Taylor seems to be doing well. Scott is working on updating our family website today.
Cathy
Post a Comment